There are numerous real estate agencies in Prague. How do you recognize a good quality agency?
Not Licensed Real Estate Market
First of all, it is important to mention that the Czech real estate market is not a licensed market. This means that the Czech real estate agencies are not required to have a license to provide real estate services.
Basically any person or company could easily register and sell or rent a property. No special requirements are needed. No continuous study programs for agents are required.
Many Agencies on the Market. Big Differences in Terms of Quality
There are big differences in terms of quality among agencies. Since there are many of them on the Prague market, it is difficult to pick the right one. Most of the agents even don’t speak English.
Non-Exclusive Real Estate Market
Most of the properties that are listed for sale or for rent on the Prague market are not listed exclusively by the given agency. They are offered by other agencies as well.
Buyer Representation is not Common but Some Agencies Do Represent
It is not common among Prague agencies to represent the buyers. Most of the agencies just represent the sellers. There are few agencies that offer buyer representation service.
We think that buyer representation on the Prague market is a valuable service that is especially welcomed by foreigners since the Czech real estate market has many specifics that are not easy to “read”.
Tenant Representation is More Common Unlike with the buyers, the tenant representation on the Czech market is more common.
- The Czech Republic and Prague in Facts2
- Intro to the Prague Real Estate Market6
- Prague Real Estate Locations12
- Property Purchase Process in Prague1
- Property Rental Process in Prague1
- Mortgage and Financing in Prague2
- Taxes in the Czech Republic1
- Apartment Renovation in Prague1
- Prague Schools: Preschools, Elementary, Middle and High Schools16
- Prague Schools: Nurseries, Kindergartens and Preschools15
- Parking in Prague1
- Public Transportation in Prague1
Subscribe to no more miss our posts